Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cedar Planks - Reuse or just Recycle

I received the question "Can we reuse cedar planks?"

So as a follow up to my previous post about BBQing with planks, here are my thoughts....
Personally, I only use the plank once, for several reasons....
1) it chars, especially if it's thin
2) not sure what the resoaking would be like, or if the "smoke" factor would be as true
3) it absorbs some of the food, so from a health perspective and a taste perspective, I don't think it's a good idea

Let's see what ideas others come up with.If there's anyone out there with other ideas, please share them in the comments. I'll be doing a roundup with all your brilliant tips.

Please email me any of your questions, and if I don't have the answer, I'll certainly try find it for you.

Related links:

No comments: