Monday, January 29, 2007

Cooking Tip Video Clips: Episode 1 - Knives

It's said that a picture is worth a 1000 words. That's why I love cookbooks with photographs and why every recipe in Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories - Recipes to Warm the Heart has a photo. And why there are many in the cooking primer to help novice cooks actually SEE what "butterflying" a chicken breast and other techniques look like.

So it's not a big stretch to actually try to answer some of the frequently asked cooking questions using short video demonstrations. I'll be doing a series and would love your feedback and ideas for future segments.

In this episode, by clicking on the video below you'll see and hear me talk about kitchen knives. What to look for when your buying them; the 3 knives I'd start with and what each one is used for. It's a little tempermental, so you might have to click on the screen and then hit the space bar or enter key, but it should work, but if it doesn't you can click here and go directly to Google Video. Let me know what you think.



You can check out Episode 2 - Chopping here

Please email me with feedback, ideas for future segments, plus any of kitchen questions, and if I don't have the answer, I'll certainly try find it for you.

Make sure to tune in for the next episode, which will be all about chopping

Related links:

1 comment:

Ruth Daniels said...

I do want to thank those of you who've dropped by. I've had a number of emails asking about other knives. I promise to do another segment on serated and carving knives as well as how to sharpen them.