Friday, April 06, 2007

Meal in a Minute

I really meant to write up the recipe for this Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Artichoke Bottoms in my usual fashion and post it the day we made it, but life was crazy before our Passover seder. In fact, this dish was born out of the fabulous frenzy of getting ready for a feast.

If you're anything like me when you're cooking for a party, then you're not really thinking about what people need to eat right now. All that licking of spoons to taste for flavoring, all those wonderful aromas actually fill me up. So I don't really think about eating a real meal until others wander into the kitchen and say "What's for lunch/supper?"

That's why I usually (and so does my daughter, thank goodness) have things in the fridge, pantry and freezer that can quickly combine to whip up something delicious. So lunch was very simple -Grilled Goat Cheese and Pesto Sandwiches.



That was easy. And because everyone was drooling over my shoulder as I was grilling them, I knew I was going to have to come up with something equally quick and delicious for dinner. A quick peek in the freezer uncovered some frozen ravioli - some with spinach and ricotta cheese for filling and some with artichoke hearts and mozzarella. I found a tin of artichoke bottoms in the pantry and some sun-dried tomatoes. All I needed to do was boil up the ravioli, drain it and then toss them with some good extra virgin olive oil, the cut up artichoke bottoms and chopped reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes. Add a little red chili pepper flakes for some heat and we're done!!



So the next time you know you're going to be busy in the kitchen, have something fun and easy to whip up handy. This dish really did just take 10 minutes once the water was boiled. And that means I get to have two entries for this week's Presto Pasta Night. You still have time to send me a dish. Click here to find out how.

Related links:

2 comments:

Jann said...

oh, the goat-cheese sandwiches look so good`I have a huge log of cheese in the frig. Now I know what I can do with it~

Ruth Daniels said...

Jann, thanks for dropping by. I couldn't agree more - goat cheese sandwiches are my fave thing, especially after doing chores on Saturday mornings.