Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pasta Without the Cheese



I recently received an email from someone asking for pasta dishes with no cheese

I have a question about pasta dishes. I love cheese, but it takes a lot of imagination and ingenuity to think up tasty non-cheese pasta dishes for my husband who is allergic to cheese. (I even tried making a non cheese pizza for him once. It was an abysmal failure. With pasta dishes, as with pizza, it somehow loses something in the taste bud translation to just leave cheese out of the equation. Do you know of any yummy non cheesy pasta dishes you can post?

It made me think of the many lactose intolerant people who would also love to have a variety of great pasta dishes. So I started a roundup of cheeseless pastas....so please email me your links or pasta ideas to ruth AT 4everykitchen DOT com or leave them in the comments.

Please email me any of your kitchen questions, and if I don't have the answer, I'll certainly try find it for you.

Related links:

2 comments:

margarita said...

Thanks for the round up's. I am a mother who can no longer eat cheese due to a nursing baby. I have a hard time finding foods that do not have cheese. Pasta is one of my favorites but you can like you said you have to get creative. Although I have mastered the pizza. The key it to buy already make crust. It only takes and lots of pizza sauce for your toppings to stick,then pile on the toppings hope that helps!

Ruth Daniels said...

Margarita, it is more challenging to find pasta dishes without cheese, but here are a couple of places you can check for cheeseless options (among the many with cheese, I admit) http://www.prestopastanights.com and all the Presto Pasta Night Roundups - http://www.prestopastanights.com/2009/01/all-presto-pasta-night-roundups.html